10 Things to Know for Wednesday
Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:36 AM
A look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
1. FOR MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD, A STUNNING FALL
The arrest of the group's top leader amid the Egyptian government's crackdown is just the latest blow to the Islamist movement.
2. AFGHAN VILLAGER CURSES HIS ATTACKER
A farmer who was shot takes the stand at the sentencing hearing of Army Staff Sgt. Robert Bales for last year's massacre of 16 civilians.
3. TEEN SURRENDERS AFTER GUNFIRE AT GA. SCHOOL
A 20-year-old armed with an assault rifle enters an elementary school and trades shots with officers. Eight-hundred students escape unharmed.
4. THREE OKLA. TEENS CHARGED IN KILLING OF AUSSIE ATHLETE
In the wake of the random slaying, former deputy PM urges Australians to boycott the U.S. as a way to force Congress to act on gun control.
5. WHO'S LOOKING LIKE A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE
Sen. Ted Cruz's decision to renounce his dual Canadian citizenship is a sign that he's eyeing a run in 2016.
6. STATE DEPT. OFFICIALS AVOID DISCIPLINE FOR BENGHAZI
The four are cleared of security failures in the attack on the U.S. consulate, but will be reassigned to new jobs.
7. WHY YOU MIGHT BE SCRATCHING AN ITCH
Mosquitoes have been more numerous than normal this summer in the U.S. Experts cite a combination of drought, heavy rain and heat.
8. WALL STREET TAKES TURN FOR THE WORST
August is on track to be the poorest month for the stock market since May 2012. Uncertainty over the Fed's bond buying is a key reason.
9. HOW ELMORE LEONARD MADE HIS MARK
The author, who died Tuesday, helped do for crime writing what Stephen King did for horror. He made it hip, and he made it respectable.
10. PITCHER PENALIZED FOR BEANING A-ROD
MLB hands Boston's Ryan Dempster a five-game suspension and a $2,500 fine.
©2017Andrews County News. All rights reserved. All items contained on this site are property of Andrews County News.
Software © 1998-2016 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved
210 E. Broadway Andrews, TX 79714 - Phone: (432) 523-2085, Fax: (432) 523-9492